You just turned two and you are starting to have all these little quirks and I can just see your personality developing. So I wanted to make a list of all the little things that I want to remember that make you YOU at this age.
1. You don't eat like most other kids. You like unusual things like tomato soup or any kind of soup really (you will sit and eat it forever!) and tuna subs from subway with onions and spinach on it (you can eat a whole 6 inch by yourself). People around us always stare and laugh at you scarfing down this huge sandwich. But you won't eat a simple pb and j or grilled cheese.
2. Although like most kids you LOVE cookies. You go by the motto "it never hurts to ask" when it comes to asking if you can have a cookie after about every meal. And you've figured out that when you go out with daddy the answer is usually yes :).
3. You are somewhat obsessed with books. I tried at an early age to instill in you a love of reading.... I didn't know it would work so well :). You probably "read" for at least 2 hours a day maybe more. You especially love books with kittens, elmo or thomas the train in them. When you see something in a book that looks fun you lift your hands in the air and say "up! up!" because you want me to put you inside your book. It makes you sad when I tell you it's not real. You like to get lily a book and mommy and book and sit and read together at your table or on the couch.
4. You say phrases as if they are all one word. Here are some of your favorites : Whatchadoing?, Essitokay? (is it okay?) and awwwwwitokay, ellogoomooorning! (hello , good morning. you think any time of the day is appropriate for this greeting), essoofunny (it's so funny, you always say this with a cheesy laugh), thacool (that's cool), tislilythamomma (this is lily's, that's momma's), whereitgo?.... dareitis! (there it is). Of course once you started saying these things I realized that I say these phrases all the time. I better watch what I say right?
5. Your answer to almost any question is "oooookkaaay" in a sing songy voice. Unless your answer is no of course. When you say no you usually scrunch up your nose and lips and tilt your head to the side and give a short nonchalant "no" as if saying "um.... that's okay I'd rather not... nice try though".
6. Your hair gets really random flips and waves in it and it gets very pouffy if I don't try to tame it after a bath or after you've slept on it. (you get this from daddy) I'm constantly trying to flatten it out or keep it behind your ears or put it up in pony tails (which you love to constantly pull out when you are in the car) But I think that once it gets longer and gets some more weight to it it will calm it's self down a bit. Already you hair in the back that is longer and thicker likes to curl it's self into little ringlets. It's so precious!
7. You love to put lotion on yourself, but the only place you will put it is on your belly. I try to get you to put it on other parts but you always go for the belly again. And you would just keep doing it over and over if I didn't make you stop. Incidentally it's the only place you will wash yourself in the bath tub too. But you do have one clean and soft belly :).